Saturday, March 30, 2013

Spring Break at the Oregon Coast {Weekend Diary}




I never grew up going to the beach. Growing up in Montana, my idea of a vacation was going east or west on I-90. :) When I married my Oregon hubby he introduced me to annual spring break trips to the Oregon Coast. Needless to say, it was love a first sight. How awesome is it that you can just jump in your car, drive a couple hours and hear the ocean?! {LOVE}. On our drive over I was thinking about all of our coast trips and came to the conclusion that in little Loke's life, he hasn't missed a spring break trip to the Oregon coast yet!! Lucky duck. Our trips always include an awesome beach house that is shared with family (even the fur babies) a close walk to the beach, WAY too much junk food and March Madness. It is quiet honestly my favorite little get-a-way of the year. Here is a little peak into our beach vacation. Enjoy! xo


Beautiful house...handsome hubby (what more could a girl want?!) 

and Loke's off...



 Papa teaching Loke the ways of sand castle making. Too bad he would get it just perfect and Loke would smash it immediately with his stick. The life of a boy...
 I have been blessed with the best in-laws EVER!
Britt and I tested out the water and judging by Britt's face it was a little chilly.
The next day we headed out to Newport Beach. We stopped to eat at our FAVORITE little clam chowder spot to snag some yummy lunch (which consisted of James being adventurous and trying oysters). Needless to say lunch was fantastic and James absolutely hated the oysters! Hilarious.  



 Our best attempt at a family picture...thanks Nana :)
Thanks for a wonderful, relaxing, family filled weekend Oregon Coast. Until next time...
  Loke at 3 months, 15 months and now 28 months


0 comments:

Post a Comment